Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tassel Mania

Once the sole domain of drapery and loafers, tassels have gone haute!
Photos via style.com except where otherwise credited.
At left: Alberta Ferretti's fringed skirt is echoed with a tasseled obi belt.
At right and below: Louis Vuitton’s genius inverted tassel sandals.
Emanuel Ungaro multi-tassel belt
Sophia Kokosalaki asymmetric ice blue drapery-hem
Bag the Trend:
Gucci
Louis Vuitton
CC adores this Matthew Williamson sky-blue leather-trimmed snakeskin clutch!
Chloé plum mirror-embellished calfskin and metal purse, via instyle.com.
Christian Louboutin black satin rope detail Christo clutch with tassel, at bluefly.com.
At right: J. Crew Italian calfskin Jamie bag. Visit jcrew.com.
Pringle of Scotland Kasia slouch tote, at net-a-porter.com.
Leiber Cupola minaudiere, at Berdgorf Goodman.
Jewels on the fringe:
Kris Van Assche oversize tassel necklace
A silver tassel pendant at Hermés
Vera Wang pale pink crystal necklace, pictured at right via instyle.com.
Black diamond necklace; this and next at ross-simons.com.
Ross-Simons emerald and diamond earrings.


Tasseled home accents:

Mackenzie Childs Florentine bench, at Neiman Marcus.
Agraria perfumed tassels in lovely scents like lemon verbena, at bergdorfgoodman.com.
Last look: Oscar de la Renta’s tasseled patent leather sandals are currently 30% off at net-a-porter.com.

How do you feel about the tassel trend, darlings?

Btw, some readers were wondering about Halloween costumage; though CC never wants to see her in the White House, CC was Sarah Palin, complete with bouffant and flute. And yes, Tina Fey’s SNL Palin was quoted repeatedly: “I can see Russia from my house." "Are we not doing the talent portion?" "We’re not afraid to get maverick-y in here.” Excuse me, now CC has to go practice her fancy pageant walking...

31 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I am not a fan of it UNLESS it is on a purse....in which case I love it ;)....Just purses :P...now fringe is something different...I kind of like it everywhere

Helena said...

Thank you for your comment. This blog seems to be full of wonderful pictures. :-) I especially like that Nicole Kidman photo above.

Angela said...

i want a pair of tassel diamond earrings.... have a savvy weekend, CC!

lara said...

I love them on bags .

Siljesfashion said...

Love it on handbags and belts!

leeselooks said...

i can't say i have anything tassled!

and i think i agree w/ ashleigh. bags fabulous but clothing not really my thing! But it adds a nice ethnic touch.

your halloween sounded like a blast!!!

have a wonderful rest of your weekend.

x.

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

i like the fringe, it adds a fun boho touch. i'm crazy about that little mckenzie childs bench, what a great find!!!
:)

Sharon S said...

Hi there-the Alberta Ferretti number is just exquisite, I adore it! have a great weekend!

Fashion Moment said...

Mmmmmmmmm, CC! I like LV shoes!
FM

Siru said...

fringes aren't really my winter style -at the moment at least. I like your new header.

juliet xxx

Anonymous said...

hey!
me encanto!
voy a ir a comprar un par de flecos a la merceria! :D

Seeker said...

I think not everything work with tassel, but there are some cute tassels...

Thanks for sharing and for the effort and work, beautiful (when do we see you again?)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have not been able to keep up with your posts =( but tassels are sexy... everything about them are chic.

♥ Marta ♥ said...

I'm not a big fan of tassel's ... they remind me of curtains :S... but it is an interesting idea.

Miranda said...

i don't like it on shoes
but i think its cute on bags :)

Elizabeth said...

I love those tassel earrings. I also enjoy tassels on bags. I don't think the world has enough of those.

Gerri Ward said...

what an elegant decorative element to add to a shoe! All I can say is, after viewing this post, tassels are fabulous! I luv the shoes!

Rebecca Jane said...

I am only really a fan of tassels on bags and accessories.. not so much on clothing.. some great pics though.

WendyB said...

We don't get a costume picture?

Meg said...

I think tassels can work for some people and I like them on bags and some home accents.

A girl was saying that her friend dressed up as Sarah Palin's daughter, complete with a "Go Mom" sign. I wish I could have seen that.

Lauren said...

i would like a tassel necklace!

Anonymous said...

tassels work the best in bags and jewellwry, I think, but they do looks pretty cute in clothes too :>

Jess said...

I like this one a lot. All the pics are great except the dress that has a whole row of tassles on the bottom like a curtain. Maybe that's going a bit too far.

Anonymous said...

He llegado hasta tu blog aún no sé muy bien cómo, me encantan las borlas en bolsos.

Un beso

Fashion_Girl22 said...

Tassels are too fun!!
I absolutly adore they way the looked on the Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 shoes.

Laura in Paris said...

Loboutin's black velvet purse looks simple, refined, and beautiful - and yes, you changed again the picture of your blog title!

la petite fashionista said...

i like fringe on purses & shoes. but then again i just saw this very flapper like black top with several layers of fringe that i really liked as well.

the sarah palin costume is great haha, tina fey's portrayal of her had me dying laughing

kokostiletto said...

i was not a big fan of tassels - they reminded me too much of my grandma! but now i am becoming more accepting...

Aliena said...

I love them in bags too

Sara Morante said...

I love the Matthew Williamson's ¿wallet, purset? "carterita de mano" ;) very Bradshaw's, isn't it?

{Tara} said...

I have always had a thing for tassels...I'm going to have to try out a tassel for a belt -- lovely idea.